Saturday, October 27, 2007

Postmistress Lessons



A great day in Stanley, changeable weather, at times bitter and then glorious sun in the afternoon. Spend a couple of hours in the post office, picking up £68,000 worth of stamps – makes for a pretty heavy suitcase! I go back to Sally’s house (she was the Postmistress at Lockroy last year) for lunch and a chat about running the PO. She has some good advice about how to keep people moving quickly through the shop and prevent postcard frenzies! Then meet the others again for a fun game of badminton! Not what the average tourist does in Stanley I suppose! The others have all been here before, but when I point out that it is my first time and I really ought to be seeing the sights, Rick and Tudor take me on a guided tour for an hour or so til we end up in the pub, which is a Falkland Islands experience not to be missed!

No comments: